Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A New Blog for A New Year



Wow! Can you believe we are already halfway through February! Welcome to my new blog I am so excited to share all of the exciting hings happening here at Photography By Jerri Lynn, Inc. with you. January was busy busy busy as we prepared for the 2010 Swamp Cabbage Queen & Princess Pageants that are Feb 20th at LaBelle High School. The young ladies this year re just so darn smart and talented! This will definitely be one of the most exciting pageants we have had! I hope if you live in the LaBelle are you are planning to come and cheer on your favorite contestant.
We had a mini photo shoot for the local paper and for our program book and all of the girls will be receiving their own Gown Glam Session after the pageant so stay tuned for those beauties. We will also feature photos from he 43rd annual queen pageant right here after the new queen & princess are crowned.
The first weekend of February February took off with a bang as I traveled to Jacksonville with my mom and grandmother for the Amazing Scarlett Lillian Workshop. {They had a nice visit with my brother Stacy and his family while I attended the workshop}
There I spent 2 amazing days with 20 of the most fabulous women in the photography field. Our first day we shot the cutest engaged couple and I must say that the groom to be was just such a good sport as all the ladies took turns posing them and photographing them for hours... I hope you enjoy this little peak into that fabulous photo shoot.


On Sunday we were surprised with Americas Next Top Model Cycle 10 winner Whitney Thompson who was our Bridal Glam model for the day. She was such a trooper because it was sooooo COLD on Atlantic Beach. Wes who was our groom for the day was great as well. Scarlett's amazingly talented boyfriend Stephen Knuth set up the soft box lighting out on the beach and we got some of the most awesome shots of Whitney and Wes.
Besides all of the great girls who attended the workshop I also met the Bui Brothers who are two amazing Videographers and just so darn funny. They were so generous with all of the girls and shared their abundant knowledge with all of us as well as gave a few of us the what fore of using a certain kind of music on our websites. ;o) Kathryn Brown is just the sweetest, generous photographer ever and she's so knowledgeable too she even let me use her 50mm. It was so amazing the difference that lens made! All in all it was a fantastic weekend which concluded for myself and a few others on Monday morning as opted to have our photos taken by the GREAT Scarlett Lillian and yes, they will be on here for all of you to see when I get them!
I also wanted to be sure and say a huge Thank You to Scarlett Lillian for putting together this amazing workshop and bringing all of us together. I was planning to do a Spend A Day but this was sooooo much more! You are such an inspiration and a fabulous photographer!
This week is our last week for pageant preparations and my son Clayton has his Swine Show & Sale at the LYLA (LaBelle Youth Livestock) 4-H Show. His piggy only weighed 202lbs this year so we sure hope he gets some generous add-ons. Keep a look out for more as the year rocks on. I look forward to sharing all of the excitement with you all.



















































1 comment:

  1. Awesome to meet you Jerri Lynn! Thanks for coming to the workshop, I'm so thrilled that you got a lot out of it.

    ReplyDelete